Saturday, April 2, 2011

First foray

I donated a number of items to the Bakesale for Japan project, which took place today in various physical locations across the United States, as well as online in the form of various international bake sales. This project supports fundraising for Peace Winds Japan, an organization that will take money raised and translate it to recovery situations for those suffering after a natural disaster.

Bakers (both professional and non-professional) were encouraged to do what we enjoy doing best: bake! So I left the kind people at Brentwood Country Mart with a few items that have received rave reviews from various local Los Angelinos: a pineapple crisp, an apple-cherry crisp, five half-dozen bags of carrot cookies, one full dozen box of caramel dipped peanut butter cookies and a box containing six slices of my Morning Cake. I will post further descriptions of these items (with photographs) in upcoming blog entries.

Hopefully the sale sold out and a lot of funds were raised for the people of Japan, who desperately need help, not just now but for years to come. Here is a photograph of the sale tables as one of the employees from Tavern was setting up pre-sale.



Cute space, isn't it? The weather was warm today and cloudy, nice because nothing would melt and everyone could browse without getting too hot or sweaty. Technically the sale should be over by now, and I was told I'll receive a follow-up e-mail after all is said and done. Will report back.





No comments:

Post a Comment